Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wanting It

Aaron told me that if I want something less, it will go a lot smoother. After our party on Sunday and the fiascos that abounded, I am starting to think he is right.

We picked up balloons at 5:30 and stuffed them into the back of our Saturn coupe. I was up until 11 PM Saturday night baking the tiger cake, icing and decorating it.

I wasn't thrilled about how it turned out, but it looked enough like a tiger that the kids would recognize it.

We left the house around 9:15 Sunday morning for the zoo. Our balloon bouquets (3) were promptly confiscated at the gate. Apparently, popped balloons can pose a serious risk to animals. I wish I had known this before I was $30 in for them.

I pinched the s&*^ out of my finger while hoisting a stroller loaded with Connor, purse, goldfish, miscellaney related to the party... Thank goodness we ran into two guests at the West entrance, so they helped carry some goods.

I was able to relax a little bit and Aaron helped get us set up over four tables. Three guests were waiting for us in the zoo cafe. We left Aaron and the gifts, cake, food at the pavillion. We had so much fun with 10 other guests walking around the zoo and looking at the jungle, African, and farm animals.


After an hour and a half, we met back at the pavillion for PB&Js in the shape of ducks, dogs, and bears. We snacked on goldfish. Finally, we sang to Connor and had some CAKE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV8V_8gHISU

Overall, it was a good party. Connor was exhausted when we got home, but managed to open some gifts first.



The grand total for the part was $100 more than our party last year. SIGH. Lesson learned-- do not invite 10 children thinking that only 1/2 to 3/4 will show up. We had every single guest RSVP yes, and picked up 3 more kids and an adult AT THE ZOO. Yikes.

Hoping next year is a bit more reigned in.

I can't believe my little angel / sometime devil is 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment